Friday, September 30, 2011

Broken headphones

So, as I have previously discussed, music is very important to me.  I normally get my daily allotment of tunes while riding the bus to and from campus.  I do try to respect my fellow commuters though.  Therefore I must use headphones to use whatever music playing device I have on hand.  I just recently had to buy a new pair of headphones.  This makes the 5th set I have bought in the last 3 years.

I understand that our current stage of technology pushes cheap and replaceable products.  That doesn't make this cycle suck any less.  At a point I realized that this break-and-buy method became a process for my headphone choice.  I first started with big flashy headphones, and they broke.  I then bought a pair of less flashy, equally as large headphones, and they broke.  Next up were smaller, weird-shaped headphones, and they broke.  After going through all these I bought the smallest, simplest set of headphones I could find.  To be fair they did end up lasting the longest out of any pair I have had (about a year).  But they still broke due to simple wear and tear. 

So, needing tunes, I was once again forced to buy a set of headphones.  I have now decided that my process for these purchases will be to find a pair like my last ones that costs the least amount possible.  Quality is obviously not a concern, as they WILL break.  If I assume they will break, then I can feel good about buying cheap ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment