Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quick, like a bunny

This post will mostly be about my family, but I don't have a lot of time...so, it will just be a primer for later entries.  I am currently in the longest stretch of time I have ever gone through without going back home to Indiana.  My parents came to visit a few weeks ago, and I was very glad to see them.  But, man do I still miss home.  I haven't seen the rest of my family since January.  Within this time away from home I have missed 5 birthdays, both Mother's AND Father's day, and the birth of my newest nephew.

I am very big on family.  I have 3 sisters and a mother and father who all live back in the midwest (the real midwest...Oklahoma is NOT in the midwest) and I love spending time with all of them and their own families.  Our family get-togethers involve lots of incredible food, laughs, and a very high volume.  Most people miss "Mom's cooking," but when I miss that food I am missing the company and epic jokes that come with it.

Thanksgiving can't possibly come soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment