Sunday, September 25, 2011

Connecting the world

I am still relatively new to social networking.  I started on twitter originally.  I got an account so that I could keep up with some of my friends from around the country.  Those same friends finally convinced me to get on facebook.  Before then I had avoided facebook and myspace and any other social networking site like the plague.  I had some idiotic notion that I was standing up for individuality by not signing up like everyone else (this mentality developed during undergrad, when facebook was just becoming popular). 

Once I finally got onto facebook I used it pretty irregularly.  I gradually got more used to the ins and outs of the site, as well as the proper uses for it.  Eventually it became my primary way of communicating with friends that I had developed here in Oklahoma.  I was also able to keep up with the lives of my brothers and friends from Purdue.  Thinking about it now, I realize that I have already started to take that opportunity for granted.  I remember how hard it was to keep in touch with my friends just a few years ago, and now I can stay just as close as they want me to be.



"Twitter is like being in a chatroom with the world, but you can only see comments from people you want to listen to."

1 comment:

  1. Huh. I'm still too technophobe to use twitter and facebook correctly.

    ReplyDelete