Saturday, September 10, 2011

Life as it should be

I definitely can't say my life is perfect at this point in time, but it is doing it's best impression.  Sure, my schedule wrecks me for 3 days a week, but once I hit Wednesday night every week makes a full 180.  I love my current circle of friends and the community of nerds that I have fallen into.  I am very happy to say that my current situation reminds me of my time in the fraternity house.  I could never be as close to any group of people as I am to my brothers in Theta Xi but these dudes I hang out with now are not far off. 

We have such an amazing community of gamers here in Norman.  I love spending time at the shop (which is good because that's where I am if I am not in a classroom or in front of this computer), I trust the core group of people that hang out there, and the store owner is one of the best people I have ever met.  We encourage fair play, fun, and a social atmosphere, which is NOT what you get at most gaming stores.  But my nerdy fun isn't contained within those walls.

I am blessed to have a whole other set of fiends with which I game with outside the store.  This group is made up of people that I can truly trust and who have helped me build my life into what it is now.  Without the help of Ashton (especially, since he was my roommate for so long) Carrie, and Sylas I'm sure that I would have caved at some point down the line. 

Thank you guys, without you I wouldn't have reconnected with this side of myself, and would be much worse off for it.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment