Monday, September 12, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Night

I just got out of teaching lab for the evening.  I have to say that these Monday night students are starting to shape up.  I am always glad to see a class of freshmen become better students as the semester goes on.  You can usually see the change as they start to understand how college classes work.  They begin to pay more attention, they ask better questions (or questions at all), and they can actually demonstrate their understanding of the material.

Tonight's class has actually been the best this semester.  It is odd to have a night class doing so well.  I have taught night classes before and they usually are just drifting through the lab for 3 hours until I let them leave.  But these Monday night students are outshining both my Tuesday morning and Wednesday afternoon labs.  I hope that this evening begins a trend for my classes in general.  I would especially like to see the Wednesday lab shape up...there is something off about that group.

Either way, we shall see, and I'm sure you will hear all about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment