Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A wonderful and relaxing break


I finally got to see my family again.  It took a lot of driving but I made it back to Indiana in one piece and had a week and a half to spend with them.  This time was filled with as many family dinners as we could get.  Now, these dinners aren’t the tense, awkward minefields that some family dinners may be.  My family gets as many laughs as they can in every minute. 
This creates a pretty chaotic environment for newcomers.  Many times I have seen new significant others (of sisters, cousins, family friends, etc) visibly intimidated by their surroundings.  It is what I was born into but I can understand how that environment could be jarring for others.  No matter what anyone else thinks, I wouldn’t want to live without it.  We are loud, near shameless, and quick to make a joke.  I pity anyone who dreads their family get-togethers.  Everyone should love seeing their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment