Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fin.


It’s 4 am and I just woke up to work on all the things that I have to do this week.  I’m not actually panicking, but I suppose my brain is functioning at near “panic mode.”  I did a hackneyed presentation yesterday, and have a paper due in that class tomorrow.  I have a presentation to give today (which, thankfully, will be much better than yesterday).  And filling the space between these actual deadlines is me proctoring final exams for the 3 sections that I teach.  So, yes, it makes sense that my most available time is 3 hours before my alarm was set to go off.
I don’t even know why I set alarms during these last few weeks of the semester.  The only time a machine needs to force me to get up is when I am trying to steal a few hours of rest via napping in the middle of the day.  Napping is a tell-tale sign of a thrown off schedule for me.  In a normal day/week I never ever nap.  I have always found it too difficult to sleep with the sun shining.  But when you wake up at 4 in the morning to work on things, I suppose the sleep has to catch up with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment