Monday, October 31, 2011

Anticipation

I haven't had a lot of time for video games this semester.  I have been very busy with school and research and have used my precious free time for other hobbies.  Even having been away from video games, I still can't fight the call of a truly powerful title.  One such game is soon to release in stores and my excitement is growing by the hour.  That game is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and it releases in 9 days.

We are now within the most agonizing time period to be a fan of a soon-to-be-released game.  The last two weeks before a new game releases are brutal for uber-fanboys like myself.  At this point we have been waiting months (if not years) for the game to release and we can all but taste the gameplay.  To ease that pain (or make it worse, depending on your point of view) the game's developers usually leak a bit of pertinent information every day during this last two weeks. 

These teases are appreciated by most, but they often do little more than fan the flames of our craving.  This game is no exception; Over the past few days I have been anxiously downloading and reading any materials I can find about Skyrim.  This doesn't really help much, as I don't want to spoil the story via leaked information.  So, I have to be careful to dodge possible spoilers while probing the internet for juicy new tidbits about the game.  Even with these obstacles it's a fun way to keep my mind off how much I would rather be playing the game than anything else. 

Just 9 more days...Just 9 more days...Just 9 more days......

No comments:

Post a Comment