Sunday, October 9, 2011

The wonders of talk-radio

I took a trip to San Antonio this weekend.  I went with a bunch of friends to cut down on hotel costs, share driving time, etc.  My friend Chris (who drove us both ways) filled our car in on his secret to long driving times: talk-radio.  In particular he likes to listen to Fox News (or something similar) as he finds their opinions and insights to be altogether laughable.  I detest politics, but I am open-minded and decided to give this method a shot.  My one condition was that I would treat these radio shows like Mystery Science Theater (Wiki page).  Our car had a wonderful time poking fun at just about everything we heard the hosts and guests say.  But I would like to share with you some of the things I learned from the radio on this trip (not all of these things came from conservative talk radio).

I learned that "Sister Joan-of-Arc" is an acceptable name for a Catholic nun.  I learned the difference between watts and lumens when choosing light bulbs.  We should all be investing most of our money into precious metals.  Some people expect silver to out-pace gold in price/ounce in the next 15 years.  I found out that not a single person who is "Occupying Wall Street" knows why they are doing it.  I learned that some people actually pay attention to what Roseanne Barr says now-a-days.  No one likes what Roseanne Barr says now-a-days.  The one fact that I for-sure came away with, after some 10 hours of talk radio, is that President Obama is ruining everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment