Monday, October 10, 2011

A spark ignited

I am an avid gamer.  I have played just about every type of game you can think of, and most specific games that you could.  It all started with a flight simulator that my dad installed on our first home PC.  I was about 8 (I know why they don't make 8 year olds pilots) and I had hours of fun just trying to keep my jets airborne.  I was gifted a Sega Genesis when I was around 10, and that is where the obsession truly took hold.  I used to play the few games I had for hours on end.  I distinctly remember a love for NBA Jam, which is odd, as I hate sports games now.

My love of gaming encouraged broader and broader horizons as I grew older and met different people.  I rarely turn down an invitation to learn a new game.  This practice took me from video and board games into the world of miniature gaming, which led to both paper-and-pencil role playing games and collectible card games.  I still play each of these genera of games actively today (some more than others).  Upon moving to Oklahoma few years ago I sunk myself deep into video games as my escape from work.  That had given way to my current preoccupation with card games and RPGs.  I am quite happy with the progression that my gaming has taken here, as my interests today are the most social forms of gaming.  I am a social person, and love to be surrounded my friends and family.  In the absence of family, the nerds I pal around with now make my down time the most fun possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment